Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 2 months ago

Why do people think babies are cute?

Ummm...I don't really get it. I've always found them a bit disturbing. If it's your baby, fine, but someone else's...

• Rita
    Favorite Answer

The reason why some people are more likely to find a baby cute is that the brain region associated with looking after infants is more strongly switched on in some people than others. Some people naturally have a higher or lower activation for this, but it also changes over time and due to the influence of hormones.

• GB

Their cuteness is imortant to their survival as it brings out nurturing qualities amongst their elders. 

I have no idea.  I am a woman and I don't get it.  SO many women are just so drawn in by babies - I mean strangers in the store will walk up to see your baby and try to get close enough to touch or even "smell" the baby.  (I know many women who like the smell of a newborn baby)

And people think they have to share every little photo of their baby with you.  And it is so much worse now that phones take pictures and give instant results.  At least when I was raising my family, we still had to get film developed and people couldn't come to work on Monday trying to show off what their grandchild or child did over the weekend.  Personally, I rarely ever shared photos of my children.  I had a recent photo in my wallet and if someone actually ASKED to see my kids, I would show the photo and talk about them for a little bit - but I always assumed that no one really wanted to hear about everyone else's kids because I don't want to hear about everyone else's kids.  I really don't care.

I love my children.  I raised two daughters - but I was SO happy when the baby stage was over.  

• Yammy

Sorry, Are you human?

Just look at how they smile, laugh, or even crying. It's full of innocence, no lie no nothing. That's what makes them cute.

• Kini

I think puppies are cuter than hooman babies.