Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Metamucil ?

Can my body become dependent on Metamucil I have taken it once the stopped then was told to take it again. Then stopped then was told to take it again. 

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

the short answer is no.. Metamucil does not cause 'dependence' in the medical sense, but may cause dependence as a hard to get rid habit, like the habit of choosing items of a favourite colour or the habit of buying clothe with matching colours.. Metamucil is perfect for those who are unable to prepare or cook their own meals due to busy lifestyle or living in places where cooking is not allowed (a hostel or in a prison); or if you are known to have a medical illness that reduces absorption like IBD and post stomach surgery, or a specific condition such as iron deficiency anaemia IDA and osteoporosis.. otherwise, home cooking and preparing your own meals from fresh ingredients that are rich with Mucilage (that's almost all vegetables) such as Olea Vera, Okra (one of my favourites), Chinese yams, Cassava and so much more!! home cooking is 

more superior than Metamucil.. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.