Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 1 month ago

My aunt got a full-blown nosebleed while testing for COVID. Is the test result invalidated if she submitted a bloody sample?

My aunt went to CVS for a PCR Covid nasal swab test. It's her first time so she was instructed to insert the swab all the way up the nostril. However, while swabbing, she got a full blown nosebleed (might have been damage from the swab). She didn't have any tissues with her so she had to quickly insert the swab into the vial so that the liquid inside can mix. However, the vial also became bloody. Will this invalidate the PCR test if she submitted a bloody sample? From what I researched, nosebleeds are NOT a common occurrence and nothing is mentioned for this during testing.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

shouldnt as they can still test for viral proteins. if it was invalid they would report they were unable to perform the test.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.