Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What’s fastest posted speed limit in United States?

As far as speed limits go in The US, what’s fastest limit you can legally go in a car? 75? 80? 85? 90??? 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I know there are places out west where it's 75 at least, maybe 80.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

80 is the highest I've seen

• 2 months ago

It was posted as 80 mph on the interstate in Wyoming, last time I looked.

• 2 months ago

Mickey Jon Lee is either a FLAT OUT LIAR, or COMPLETELY IGNORANT of speed limits. I FLAT OUT DEFY him/her to name ONE major city where there isn't a speed limit of AT LEAST 45 somewhere within city limits. I GUARANTEE he/she can't name a jurisdiction in the US where the typical speed limit outside of city limits is less than 55.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

100 in Arizona in the desert.

• 2 months ago

I've seen a posted 80 mph speed limit on a new turnpike in the midwest.  Most turnpikes in Oklahoma have a 70 mph or sometimes 75 mph speed limit.  That doesn't mean drivers actually go only that fast.  I have often seen cars moving 10 mph faster than I am, and I'm driving the speed limit.

• 2 months ago

From what I know till now not having a car 80 is very fast but acceptable somewhere. Mostly 40 m/h limit, you can't go faster. It all depends on the road, cause there are highways and there are just broken roads in small towns... 

• 2 months ago

80mph is the highest I've seen.

Utah on the I-15 is one I've driven.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They mandated that had to have speed limits in Montana and people got really mad about it, but in that state you can drive 80 and it is 75 going from Las Vegas towards Barstow

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.