Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 2 months ago

For high school can I take a class that needs a prerequisite that I don't have and take that prerequisite class?

For example, I want to take Photography 20, but I didn't take photography 10 is it possible to take photography 10 first and then 20?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, that would in fact be satisfying the prerequisite class that needed. Unless there's a way to test out of it.

• 1 month ago

yes, it possible.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, you must take Photography 10 first before you will be allowed to take Photography 20. That's what prerequisite means.

• Sumi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Whenever a class has a prerequisite, you must always take that prerequisite class OR prove to the school that you have the knowledge required to succeed in the class.  For example, lets say you want to take an electronics class, but it's got a prerequisite that explains the fundamentals of electronics.  However, you've received training on electronics from your dad at his repair shop.  You'd then talk with the school (often the Dean) and discuss the situation.  They would likely give you an aptitude test to confirm that you have the prerequisite knowledge to take the class.  This is critical because you don't want to set yourself up for failure.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No, it won't work. They require you to be taught in a certain way and to a certain standard.  It would be like going straight to uni and studying a course that makes heavy use of statistical analysis, before you have learned how to use statistics properly. It won't make sense and you'd probably fail.

• 2 months ago

No, you have to take the prerequisite.  They won't allow you to take the 2nd class.

FYI:  PRE = BEFORE, REQUISITE = REQUIREMENT.

The ONLY way around it is if you test out on the first course.

I tested out for 28 credits before I ever set a foot in a college classroom. 

I lived in Germany for 4 years.  My very first college class was German 301.  I tested out for German 101 and 201.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.