Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

R asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

What will happen to martial arts movies once guys like Jackie Chan, Chuck Norris, Jet Li, get too old to make them anymore?

Will Martial Arts/Kung Fu movies officially die to the point that they are not even show in theaters anymore?

Update:

Yes i know a lot of those legends like Segal, Van Damn, Jackie Chan etcetera are old. But what i am saying is that they are popular here in the United States and the movie industry uses tthem in movies to sell tickets regardless of thier age or skill. 

What i am basically asking is...

"Do you think kung fu movies will rarely be shown in theaters after all those legends retire?"

Update 2:

Advent Child i had never heard of Zhou Yiwei so i googled some of his movies. And after watching 1 of them i was truly dissapointed. The guy cant act well, and he is too small and skinny to be taken seriously in Kung Fu fights 🏃 👊. I dont feel like he will carry the tradition when all the old Kung Fu legends retire. But still i respect your answer and thanks for answering.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

No, actors like Zhou Yiwei will carry on the tradition.

• 2 months ago

It just got too hard to take them seriously any more, like in real life would any of that really happen? Or would someone just pull out a gun and shoot them?

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Have you seen any of them lately?  I think they're already too old

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.