Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 1 month ago

Will guests find it weird if you don't have bridesmaids and groomsmen at your wedding?

Favorite Answer

Not really. There are all sorts and sizes and styles of weddings. A large entourage is not required. In some social circles, the size of the "wedding party" is quite tied in with the parental manipulations of THEIR social circles and the size and qualities of gifts that are tied in with the traditions of THEIR set. I think the bride and groom should do what they want and what they can afford and no more or less. I, twice, had to back peddle myself OUT of being a bridesmaid because months into the planning.. the bride's demands of her wedding party were FAR out of my financial reach. Not until after the measurements and fittings did she spring it on me that my dress, alone, was going to cost me $325.00. And then she wanted a destination bridal party and it just grew insanely.... leaving me clueless as to why she'd invited me to be in her wedding party in the first place. Later i found out that it was because the Groom had 5 groomsmen and a best man and they were all getting really carried away because the bride and groom weren't picking up a dime of the costs. Do what you want that you can afford. 

• ?

That's something normally done at older bride's wedding...no flower girl or ring bearer either...they also wear a shorter dress instead of the long gown... I'm just telling you what I heard on television on a bridal show but I have seen some young couples who didn't have anyone stand up for them and even wear a shorter dress but they were on the beach so I suppose it was only appropriate for the weather.  Good Luck and God Bless and congratulations.

• ?

Some may, but so what?

look, they couldn't give a fck less... they are there usually out of their will, just want to eat food, and go home. 

If I was a guest I would find this weird if it was a big wedding