Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Name a band that changed their sound for the worse later in their career.?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Kittie. They started out as Alt/Nu Metal, now they play Death Metal.

• 1 month ago

My answer isn't a band but what about Avril Lavigne she made some good songs until she went more pop.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Doobie Brothers. After Michael McDonald came aboard, they were unrecognizable. It was hard to believe it was the same group.

• mars
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Kittie. They started out as Alt/Nu Metal, now they play Death Metal.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

That would be Metallica, Metallica, and Metallica.  In that exact order.  Second place is a tie between Guns N' Roses and Aerosmith.

Metallica spent their first 10 years b*cthing and complaining about every other rock band on the scene, claiming they were all posers and corporate sellouts while they were the only real metal band on the market.  Then they released a grunge album, because that was what was selling at the time.  Then they released more grunge, hoping to cash in on the trend.  When both albums failed, then they decided to sue their loyal fans for downloading one good song instead of buying a whole crappy album.  Then they tried to return to their underground roots, but nobody was buying the story.

As for Guns N' Aerosmith, they traded their rock chops for power ballads.  

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Aerosmith is the definitive answer here.  But since two people have already nailed that answer, I’ll say Metallica.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The Rolling Stones when they went disco. I saw many bands in the 1970s, I saw the Stones in 1978 and it was the most disappointing concert I saw in the 70s. I wanted to hear their older stuff but they were promoting their Some Girls album and they only played three of the older songs... bummer.

• 2 months ago

Chicago

In the late '60s and throughout the '70s, Chicago's sound was rock combined with a brass section. Their harmonies were unbelievably tight, and their songs were original.

When the '80s rolled around, and after their lead guitarist Terry Kath died, Chicago was stuck. They hired music producer David Foster to help them regain popularity. That’s when you hear songs such as “Hard to Say I’m Sorry” and “You’re the Inspiration.” But if you listen to those songs and then listen to other 80’s power ballads, you notice that they all sound the same.

They lost that big brassy sound. They didn’t lose the harmonies because everyone in the group were incredible musicians. But their songs turned to pop garbage after David Foster ruined them.

• 2 months ago

Apoptygma Berzerk and Covenant.  APB went from electro-industrial futurepop to trying too hard to be like Metallica.  Covenant went from synthpoppy electronic body music to sounding like they are tuning their instruments over a loudspeaker.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Aerosmith. They kicked *** in the 70's and the early 80's. Since then...not so much.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.