Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

What would happen if I did this at a bar?

Once the pandemic winds down of course.

Since 2010 here in virginia, bars and restaurants must be smoke free, unless their smoking section is in a separate, fully enclosed room, with its own ventilation system.

Well suppose I pulled a Dale Gribble from King of the Hill, and I become the "Smoking Bandit."

I sit down at a bar, and when the bartender asks what he can get me, I light a cigarette and say:

"How about an ashtray my good man?"

When the bartender warns me hes calling the police, I say:

"No problemo, the average police response time in this town is 24 minutes whereas I will be done in less than 5."

Then I finish my cigarette and leave.

Rinse and repeat periodically at a different bar.

Lol what would come of that?

Because I realize an immature brain is not developed until the age of 25, I am going to assume you are below the age of 25 as your cockamamie  idea lacks consequences.

Here are some consequences to your silly and childish plan to intentionally break the law.

* you can be fined

* you may be splashed with a bucket of water to extinguish the cigarette .

* you maybe accosted by another patron who has a health condition making smoke dangerous for them to inhale.

* your smartass actions maybe frowned upon by patrons who enjoy a smoke-free environment.

* your immaturity will be remembered and you will be banned from the establishment(s).

* If you go on a date, the places you can go to will be limited because you wore out your welcome and are banned from returning.

* you will have a permanent record for your stupid actions

So ,THAT'S What happens when a person breaks laws. 

Time to fantisize about being a productive member of society, not plot to do incredibly stupid and childish things that are against the law, just because youcan light up where you know you arenot allowed to. 

Time to grow up. Looks like it is true...smoking stunts your growth.

You will probably get banned from all the bars in town before long. Sounds fun though. I mean who cares if they ban you. You might even find a bar that doesn't care.

There are cameras in almost every establishment so you are not very clever at all.  You could get blocked from ever entering the establishment again, get charged for breaking a state ordinance.  what a tangled web we weave when first we plan to deceive.  You are not even old enough to drink and you are already planning to break the law.  Good luck with your life.  

• ?

You must go to different bars than I do. The bar tender would not call the police simply tell you to leave and if you didn't leave of your own accord you would be helped to leave. Then they may call the police.

Trouble is most bars have employed a couple of big guys who specialist is assisting uncooperative customers to either conform or leave.   Now note they will do this regardless of what drink or meal you have already paid for and yet not consumed and no refund will be offered.   You may say I will go to the police,  they will say go ahead as they know the police will review the CCTV and upon seeing you smoking,  that will be the first fine they issue.    

It would be funny, to be honest. Too bad that most young adults have no clue who the hell King of the Hill is and even fewer have seen "The Smoking Bandit" episode.

I would find it funny, other people, who are actually afraid of Cigarette smoke would find it unpleasant and leave and I would expect that the people who own the bar, assuming they have security on hand to escort you out would certainly not find it funny.

Nowadays, there is little tolerance for smoking indoors, and people have become so fearful of smoking that they would take it as you trying to commit chemical warfare and kill them.

The stigma behind cigarette smoking is stupid. I know its unhealthy, but damn! Some of these people are complete morons. Cigarette smoking is no more lethal than no smoking, you could get cancer, but you're more likely to develop COPD, asthma or emphysema, and that takes YEARS of heavy smoking to develop.

Go ahead. When other patrons lay a beating on you, remember I warned you. Two wrongs make it what it is.

Most adults don't know who Dale Gribble/King of the Hill/Smoking Bandit are.  You would just be arrested.  "No problemo?"  One of these days you will discover sex, either with men or women or both, and then you will outgrow your fantasy life.

.

The BEST part is when you "rinse" and repeat periodically.  What exactly would you be "rinsing?"

The staff at the place would throw you out.

You'd deserve it, too.

After the first couple of bars, your identity would be known and the other bars would ban you from their establishments.  Also if they have pictures and know who you are, there is nothing to prevent the police from stopping by your house and presenting you with a ticket and a fine for your actions.