? asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Is it illegal to video someone sitting in her car at a traffic light?

I ask because I enraged a woman who started chasing me in her car screaming at me through her window that the cops are on their way and ordering me to pull over. She was in a Prius and had a Biden Sticker on her car. I was wearing a MAGA hat and I pulled up along side of her and pointed to my hat. I was videoing with my phone to capture her reaction. I got more than I hoped. She behaved like a rabid dog. Of course I have it all o on video. I posted it to my FB page and my friends got a laugh.  I'm going to get one to see if I can make it go viral. Any thoughts on this? (i. e. legality and tips to make it go viral)

• ?
    Favorite Answer

People get videoed all the time .  I have a dash cam in all my vehicles . Be careful, libs don't practice what they say others should do .

Videotaping in public is permitted. However, check the local laws under a bridge near you.

What a crying shame that immature people like you exist. You are an instigator and a boarderline bully.

Post that video here...I dare you. I don't thinkthat video even exists.

Troll on!

its so easy to tell when someone is making stuff up.  At first I thought this is a case of road rage which is believable, people turn into crazy people when they drive, not all thank goodness.  But when you started spewing about Maga hats and Biden sticker I realized you are just making shiit up.  

In the US, it is legal to video anything you can see with the unaided eye form a public place where you are legally present. There are some restrictions on what you do with the video without consent of anyone appearing in the recording.

You are BOTH liars.

Not at all illegal.  

It's legal to video someone sitting in a car because it is legal to photograph people in public where they have no expectation of privacy.

In MY State video taping without consent can be charged as harassment.  Posting a video can be defamation.  I find the various situations you post to be, well, interesting.  When do you have time to work/go to school what with your fantasy life and all?

• Jesus

You can legally videotape anything you want to from inside of your car

You posted it to Facebook but can't post it here? I call troll. Based on your posting history you are a troll

can i see it please.