Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 month ago

English help?

1.What is the subject of this sentence? A family of ducks waddled toward the pond. 

2.Read each sentence then chose the correct verb. My grandmother has_________our family history.

A. writed

B. write

C. wrote

D. written

3.What part of speech is the underlined word? Oh, now we are late for the concert!

A. interjection

B. preposition

C. adjective

4.In each group below, ONE sentence uses parallelism correctly. Choose that sentence:

A. Grass like velvet and flowers that look like jewels make the park a beautiful place to visit.

B. Grass like velvet and flowers like jewels make the park a beautiful place to visit.

C. Grass like velvet and jewel-like flowers make the park a beautiful place to visit.

5.What part of speech is the word that is underlined? She is white with fear.

A. linking verb

B. helping verb

C. action verb

6.In this sentence, underline the ONE misplaced or dangling modifier. Then rewrite each sentence so that its intended meaning is clear: After visiting the bakery, the aroma of freshly baked bread filled the car.

7.Read each group of sentences and then choose the one that contains the fragment.

A. Because Leon had not studied for the exam. He was very nervous. A failing grade could result in his failing the course.

B. Leon was very nervous. He had not studies for the exam. A failing grade could result in his failing the course.

C. Leon was very nervous because he had not studied for the exam. A failing grade could result in his failing the course.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Wow you went way over the top to all this information down on paper I wish I could help you do your homework but I'm not

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.