Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

What exactly is “identity politics”?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Identify politics is to discriminate for or against people based on their demographics such as race and sex rather than treating everyone equally.  Affirmative action is an example.  Making political appointments based on race is another example.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

my dad comited tac frog and is having a last stand against the internatonal transformer fogs

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

"You have to ALWAYS agree with me, no matter how bat sh*t crazy my ideas might be, in order for us to be friends. And if the time were to ever come in which you don't agree with me 100% about something, ANYTHING, even if insignificant, you will become my eternal enemy and I will do everything in my power to destroy you."

That's Identity politics

• 1 month ago

It's when the left highlight all different groups and put them all into a hierarchy group of victim hood and which group can be afforded which privileges based on how much of a victim they are seen by the left.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's when Democrats shamefully exploit people based of sex, race, gender, religion, and age.

• 1 month ago

my dad comited tac frog and is having a last stand against the internatonal transformer fogs

• 1 month ago

American way

Try to explain 

Scab of a nation

Driven insane

• 1 month ago

Who you want in power is degermined by your identity( race, gender, religion). That is, instead of the usual way people vote---by socio-economic group. Or by skill and political philosophy.

• 1 month ago

It is making political judgments about people based attributes of people and political philosophy, not their skills or actual abilities.  For example, it's looking at the race or sex of a person and what Political Party they belong too first, their skills or abilities second, if at all. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's where you get to state you are an inanimate object instead of a person. I personally like to think of Joe Biden as a toilet brush

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.