What is a better platform to get found in the music industry?

I was wondering between two platforms on which I should use to drop my music, I was wondering if I should use Youtube or Soundcloud which one is better for people just coming out the gate?

Nobody gets found in the music industry, despite what all the biographies say.  If you want to get signed to a record label, you'll have to invest a whole lot of time and money marketing your music yourself.  Or you can save the time and spend more money on a manager.

The first thing you want to do is get your material copyrighted, because music isn't owned by the person(s) who wrote it.  It's owned by whoever holds the copyright.  Many artists have had their music stolen from them, and the thieves got away with it because they got the copyright first.  The music industry is very harsh and unforgiving, just so you know.

The next thing you want to do is get a copy of your material sent to every record label you can find, even the small ones who haven't been bought by Sony yet, along with a cover letter and quick bio.  You'll want to repeat that process every month, and when you get your first rejection letter you can celebrate the fact that at least someone took the time to listen to the music.  You can expect quite a few rejections before you receive an offer.

If you do receive a contract offer, don't sign it.  Take it to a business lawyer, preferably one who specializes in music / entertainment (yes that's a field of law), and have them draw up a counter offer.  The first offer from a record company is just to see if you're dumb enough to sign it without reading anything, which has killed many bands in the past.  Did I mention how the music industry is harsh and unforgiving?

Meanwhile, as you're grinding away at the record companies, you'll want to create as much of a local buzz about your music as you can.  Play gigs at anywhere that will let you perform, sell copies of your demo where and whenever you can, beg local radio stations to play your stuff (especially college / university stations), get lots of hits on YouTube and Soundcloud and Facebook and everywhere else.