Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 months ago

Should I measure my waist at its narrowest part or 1 inch above my belly button?

I'm looking at size charts for dresses to order online and according to the size chart, they recommend "taking the measurement from the narrowest part of your waist, about 1 inch above the belly button." Only the narrowest part of my waist is much higher than that, basically right under my ribs. There's a 2 inch difference from the narrowest part of my waist to an inch above my belly button. Which one should I go with? I'm 27in at the narrowest, 29in above my belly button. My bust is 33in and my hips are 37in. Thanks!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Measure the narrowest part.  One inch above your belly button will make the garment too big!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.