Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 months ago

Should I measure my waist at its narrowest part or 1 inch above my belly button?

I'm looking at size charts for dresses to order online and according to the size chart, they recommend "taking the measurement from the narrowest part of your waist, about 1 inch above the belly button." Only the narrowest part of my waist is much higher than that, basically right under my ribs. There's a 2 inch difference from the narrowest part of my waist to an inch above my belly button. Which one should I go with? I'm 27in at the narrowest, 29in above my belly button. My bust is 33in and my hips are 37in. Thanks!

• Audrey

Measure the narrowest part.  One inch above your belly button will make the garment too big!