Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Bv/yeast infection symptoms back after sex?

This may be tmi but idc I need to get to the bottom of this! About a week and ago I had sex (this girl,I have been seeing for about month, and I went down in eachother and fingered eachother) and two days after I felt very uncomfortable down there. I went to my gyn and she said I had bv and a yeast infection so she’s treated me for bv with oral medication and the yeast infection with a vaginal cream. So after I take the meds my uncomfortable feelings down there went away. I was all good and me and my girl decided to have sex again. The next day now it seems that my symptoms are back. Although there is no odor at all down there there is a lot of discharge again and it’s starting to feel uncomfortable again. Please help. Idk what is going on I really like this girl and we have not been talking for too long so I don’t want to tell her this and scare her away. HELP ME!

It seems like your partner is passing this on to you.  Has she been tested for BV or Yeast infections?  If not, that would be the perfect place to start.  Unfortunately, this can pass through intimate contact and it will continue until both of you are treated for these things.   You have to hold off on any sexual activities until you are fully over BV or you will continue to irritate and re-infect your vagina.