Posted a comment on YouTube. I think I was bullied. Was I? ?

I watched a video on YouTube in which a dog was rescued from shelter before he was killed. Other dogs barked and jumped when this dog left. I felt nice so I left a comment "I love how other dogs are cheering him. Humans wouldn't do that. They would sulk". Which it think in exactly similar situation if dogs were replaced by humans, they would. One guy wrote "The other dogs aren't cheering him and of course plenty of humans would. Misanthropy isn't righteous just because you think humanity has some issues it needs to sort out." Is this ok? 

When I said to him that he should consider the impact his words have and what thing he is streching where meaning he is trying to make something that it is not, and This person went on to say I am negative, portraying people in poor light, and that he is "calling" me out and I am getting negativity etc. When I said I feel like a punching bag that he is taking out his frustration on (because he kept speaking in spite of me pointing out he is streching something to make it fit)  

he said that I should learn to take a hit and move on, and that I am acting emotionally and deleted and posted replies twice in row so should see a professional for mental health and as concern for my mental health he is going to stop replying. (I replied few times in beginning of conversation because I didn't think his language and him going “you are... " followed by some negative quality was ok thg to do to me)

Sorry I wrote in detail this is 1st time m in such situation

• ?

You appear to be hypersensitive. He is right that we should not put all humans down.  Many are compassionate and caring.   For those dogs it may have been loss of a companion rather than sympathy 

• J P

People act this way all the time. I hope you won't let it get you down. You will meet few people who don't act as he did ... as if "everything is a contest that must be won." His ignorance won't change; pointing it out will just make him worse. He doesn't realize that his own comments reflect the attitude you are talking about--in other words, "I'm the superior one." If the dogs were human, they would have sulked when the other dog was adopted because "they were better"--that's precisely how he is acting ("I'm superior")! If you ever need to illustrate the concept of "irony," this would be a great example. It doesn't matter if it fits someone's definition of bullying--it's just foolish, and at least you weren't threatened bodily or by reputation, so you don't need to feel bullied. I know it hurts--he wants it to hurt. But someone like him shouldn't be heeded whatsoever. Use it for what it is: a lesson in human obsession with superiority. 

Bored are we?  Sorry.. I fail to see the bullying thing this day and time.  I call it "snow-flake" syndrome.  Someone setting around commenting on something and when the post comments come back, get their feelings hurt because the outcome expected was unsatisfactory to their liking. 

Dont melt out there... 

• ?

The willingness to tolerate those seeking praise for their self expressed victimhood has slowly eroded now that even emotionally healthy people have been living under stress conditions for nearly a year. So it's probably predictable that when you post your misanthropic feelings in a public forum you might get some pushback. You see the glass as half full and humanity as cruel but you can't ignore that others don't want to live in such a state and actually work hard to find joy in life. That's not bullying, that's just a difference opinion. 

You weren't bullied.  You expressed your feelings, and he expressed his.  AND - do you really think dogs think, "Oh, good, Spot is going to a new home, let's cheer him on"?  The fact that you BOTH continued to go back and forth makes me wonder about the mental health of both of you.

• a

You weren't bullied. Maybe the poster lacked the vocabulary to say you were childishly anthropomorphizing the dogs, (though he/she came up with misanthropy).

You posted your opinion in an open forum. What makes you think others don't have the same rights as you?

Dog lovers can be disrespectful people. 

Correcting you is NOT "bullying".

The dogs aren't "cheering him on"..   likely they are excited at the sight of a human and are anticipating that they too will be removed from their kennels.

The dogs aren't even aware the other dog is getting adopted.   They likely think it's time for walks.

You posted an opinion on an open forum, that leaves you open for comments from others, including comments that differ from your personal opinion

• ?

No by posting your comment you left it open for others to comment on it... And someone with a different opinion did simply. If the same person keeps on with the subject referring to you and your opinion then it could be considered as bullying  perhaps. But not until.

I don't really see it as being bullied. You stated an opinion and opened yourself up to other comments, by doing so. He stated a personal opinion based on your comment.  It is rather strong in this case; as misantropy is the HATE or distrust of humans.  (I do not read meaning that in your statement.) 

However, you do seem guilty of anthropomorphism - giving dogs human characteristics.  IMO, he used the wrong term, while trying to impress others.  (Probably a new vocabulary word for him.)http://www.annarbor.com/pets/attributing-human-cha...