?

My husband has a life tenancy to a home that his first wife owned, then their daughter inherited the home. Can I get her to move?

her and I don't get along, and I don't want her around. I suggested to her to sell the house to me but she refuses to ever move herself out or her husband and kids. 

Her husband and her have the master bedroom while, my husband and I have the smallest bedroom in the house. What can I do to make life bearable?

That's NOT your house. YOU are the one who moved into the house. YOU should be the one who moves out. YOU should be the one who gets lost, NOT her. Being jealous is unbecoming. 

• ?

Here's a thought, instead of being a destructive force in this family's life perhaps you could try convincing your husband that the two of you need to find someplace else to live. It's no surprise this daughter doesn't like you when you're trying to make her children homeless. The nerve of some people. 

I tend to agree with linkus.  However if the daughter has always lived there then she is as much a tenant as you are.  The life tenancy does not undermine any rights she also has as a tenant.

Your choices are a) get along and stop complaining or b) move out or c) try to mount a case and risk being thrown out. 

What a court would do would depend on those factors that you have not thought about.  If the wife, husband and daughter had lived their all along then you have very few legal grounds for complaint.  YOU have then moved into HER home.

Although your husband has a life tenancy, his daughter is the owner of the house. It's hers, simple as that. If you're not happy and want to change things, you could always move.

Realize you have nothing to do with ownership of that house and you're lucky to have a roof over your head. 

You can't, but your husband can legally evict her.  Your husband's life tenancy does not require him to allow anyone to live with him in the property, including the owner of the property.  I know this sounds counter-intuitive considering in every other situation the titled owner would have more power, but not in this case.  Sometimes this sort of information isn't understood until one understands the law (like the other answerers) or hears it from a local expert (local attorney) to not get bullied by the titled owner.

The exception is if the life tenancy included the daughter (which is possible).

• g

You and your husband can move. It's HER house.

Eta: None of us know the terms of that lifetime tenancy. You might want to also consider - HE has a lifetime tenancy, you do not. You may absolutely be evicted should he pass on before you. It may behoove you to make other arrangements regardless.

End of the day, it sounds as if you moved into their home. Being the elder doesnt automatically convey rights of ownership. I wonder if his first wife wasn't preparing them for just this possibility ...

• dman63

Your only option is to convince your husband to move out with you.  Since his daughter inherited the house, it’s hers to do what she wants with....and why would she sell a house that’s paid for just because YOU don’t want her around?  It doesn’t work that way.  You’re the one who’s obliged to move if you don’t want to be around her.

Lady, you are putting the cart before the horse.  

If I read you right: Your husband was living with his first wife, and then he continued living with his daughter in the house that was previously owned by his first wife.  Somewhere along the way, you met this guy and decided it would be a good idea to marry the guy so that you could live with him in the house owned by his first wife...and later his daughter.

And when exactly did it occur to you that this might not be an ideal arrangement for your marriage?

What can you do to make life bearable?  Convince your HUSBAND to move out of the house, or divorce your husband and YOU move out of the house.  Right now, you are exactly where you expected to be.  Don't move into a house and then ask the existing occupants to vacate.  That's bullshlt.  The daughter and daughter's family have every right to live there forever.  It is unfortunate that they can't force your husband to move out.  

But you expecting THEM to move out?  RIDICULOUS!!!

Tricky, given he has a life tenancy but she clearly thinks she will never be made houseless. Where would she go if she moved out? I'm guessing she doesn't pay or pays very little to stay there. Might need to seek legal advice on this one.