Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can I need to necessarily replace a broken cable or it can be fixed?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Can I need to necessarily replace a broken cable ... 

I've been speaking English for almost 70 years and I have no idea what you are trying to ask. 

Which cable are you asking about?

• 2 months ago

TOO LATE! WHena CB}ABLE BREAKS it is THEN HISTORY! Go to ROCK AUTO for more informAtion! MORE INFOherepleace! HOOD release CABLE< THROTTLE CABLE on a VERY OLD CAR?  VENTILATION cal]ble! NEED MORE not LESS!

• 2 months ago

It depends on which cable and where it is broken at!

Of course mechanical ability also comes into play.

If it is the parking brake (some times called an emergency brake) cable, it has to be fixed. If not legally you are driving an unsafe vehicle.

Hood release cables are not a safety item. The cables that hold a convertible top in place (tension cable) are not a safety item. Throttle and clutch cables are not that expensive. A bit of a bear to do, but it is kind of hard to drive with a broken one.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Can't you weld it? Dude, if you can't afford a new one, you can't afford to drive. Take the bus.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Scott
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What kind of cable? The answer requires more information.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If it's broken once it's likely to break again. Fit a new one.

• !
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It depends on the cable, but its usually not cost efficient to repair a break. They' have to remove the outer insulation, detach the broken section, attach a new section and reinsulate it, and most cables you'd use in a modern home can be replaced for a few dollars. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.