Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can I save a tulip bulb that is rotting and stinks?

I know nothing of plants I bought a tulip plant that was in a vase of water and it said to keep it in the water  with just a bit of water below the  bulb. I notice it rotting and stinks. I rinsed them as best as I could but now can I save them still? It's still kinda cold  out and there's lots of snow so I doubt I can plant it out yet

Rapture is a heresy. One must hide within a small group (10-12 people according to saint Seraphim of Sarov from Russia, 10-15 people group according to saint Gabriel Urgebadze from the country of Georgia) in order to escape the unforgivable mark of the beast. No documents; documents are from Satan; burn them (even documents of deceased relatives). No electronics once you hid so that you won't be tracked (even an old broken unplugged TV set from 1970's will show the infamous evil flying antichrist using Tesla's ether). [Saint Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov] Mark of the beast is given with World Passport (grey plastic card with no name on it); antichrist will release prisoners / insane asylum people to help him mark everyone. Police will mark people on highways; food stores will mark people who steal marked food (because marked food can only be swallowed by a marked person who has three strands of DNA instead of two). Reject vaccines, temperature scans, COVID tests (or similar), etc.

Source(s): Saint Paisios from Mount Athos said that the devil wants to deceive the rich with freemasonry, poor with communism, and believers with ecumenism.
  • Rita

Symptomatic plants need to be dug and examined. Diseased bulbs usually are discolored, soft, and may emit a foul odor. In some cases, there may be a black or bluish mold on the bulbs. Diseased bulbs should be discarded, along with some of the surrounding soil.

• ?

If you found a squirrel on the ground that was rotting and stank...would you even think to revive it?

Tulips...although they were once worth up to $10,000 for a single bulb ... are now selling for about 50 cents per bulb.  Throw it out and buy a new tulip bulb if that is what you want.

All you can do is radical surgery and cut off all of the dying part.  The dying part will expand unless you remove it.  If the part were the tulip sprout is still good, it might sprout, but the probability is the bulb is dead.   Just hope it wasn't the only surviving Semper Augustus.  

• jean

not sure if it will grow, sounds too rotten but u could always try.

If it's rotting and stinking it's dead. Nothing you can do about it.

• ?

Not likely, once the basal plate is dead the entire bulb will die.