Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 2 months ago

Why did Yahoo write an article about this random man's death?

https://news.yahoo.com/remembering-the-lives-lost-...

How is a COVID death any more tragic or newsworthy than any other death? Sure this guy sounds like a great person and all, but did Yahoo really need to take the time to highlight this random man's death?

Why do you have to make it about race, Anon? This is about COVID deaths.

• Ian

I too am disgusted by the media.  

• Jas B

Because this disease has so far killed 2.54 million people and telling people about some of these individuals shows us the terrible consequences of this disease.

Are you suggesting we just ignore these millions of deaths?

🥴

You know why.

Because he's a nonwhite immigrant who made it.

Theyre trying to make things fair all around the board. I dont see you complaining when majority of the stories are predominantly about whites.

Does it bother you?

Because it doesnt bother me seeing majority of the stories are about whites. 

Source(s): 🥴 Non Edit: 😄 I didnt. Im telling you the article is based on a nonwhite immigrant who accomplished the American dream. And who had died of COVID. 🥴 The reason the article was written is based on race. As I said.... 🥴 all are trying to be fair all around the board. 🥴 But you knew that. You just wanted to point that out.