Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

DID I MAKE FALSE ABUSE CLAIMS? SHOULD I TURN MYSELF IN TO JAIL?

Hello! I need advice on if I'm overreacting or if I really did do something terrible.

One year ago I was annoyed and stressed after a lot of tension. I went to yahoo answers and asked an anonymous question and I asked "Is my SO abusive? They have anger issues" 

And in it I very much exaggerated stuff and kind of lied. My partner isn't abusive yet I asked that anyway and I feel bad. I said they never said sorry (They do say sorry.) I also said they cuss at me a ton (Also not true) and I said they refuse to talk or reply with one worded replies (Also false) 

Anyway. I deleted them. It's been a year. But I'm still worried. I feel very bad and worry that what I did is the same as false abuse claims. Is it? Or am I worried about nothing? Three people told me I did make false abuse claims and I'm unsure if I need to turn myself in.

This was all for a story I'm writing. Thank you

It could only be considered a false claim in the legal sense if you made it to the police.  There's nothing illegal about doing it on Yahoo Answers.

Asking a question on YA isn’t a crime