Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

DID I MAKE FALSE ABUSE CLAIMS? SHOULD I TURN MYSELF IN TO JAIL?

Hello! I need advice on if I'm overreacting or if I really did do something terrible.

One year ago I was annoyed and stressed after a lot of tension. I went to yahoo answers and asked an anonymous question and I asked "Is my SO abusive? They have anger issues" 

And in it I very much exaggerated stuff and kind of lied. My partner isn't abusive yet I asked that anyway and I feel bad. I said they never said sorry (They do say sorry.) I also said they cuss at me a ton (Also not true) and I said they refuse to talk or reply with one worded replies (Also false) 

Anyway. I deleted them. It's been a year. But I'm still worried. I feel very bad and worry that what I did is the same as false abuse claims. Is it? Or am I worried about nothing? Three people told me I did make false abuse claims and I'm unsure if I need to turn myself in.

Update:

This was all for a story I'm writing. Thank you

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It could only be considered a false claim in the legal sense if you made it to the police.  There's nothing illegal about doing it on Yahoo Answers.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Asking a question on YA isn’t a crime 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.