911 emergency wrist wearable? ?

Want to buy one for my father. He had a stroke. Thinking it might be okay to buy something like a device of some sort to wear in case of a 911 emergency 

Anyone can buy them.  They are available online and in most drug stores.  The emergency bracelets usually tell a specific condition that the person has that the ER would need to be aware of. 

- I think some are high tech and can take the user to a website where it lists existing medications. 

Does your dad have a smart phone?  You can add an app that will tell you if he has decrease in altitude (ie. a fall).  I don't know how they know the difference between when it's dropped and when the person fails.