Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How can I get out of this job?

okay so basically i work for a temp agency and the first job they found was great but i got let go from there and now they have me on this second job. i started it last thursday and i didnt like it so i called off sick friday with late notice.i decided i would take the weekend to think about if i wanted the job and now i don’t want to go back but its sunday already and i would have to go back to the job tomorrow. i’m not sure how to get out of it? the temp place is closed and i don’t want to make them mad about not wanting this position on such late notice but should i send an email saying i don’t want to continue the job or what do i do? or is it too late of a notice? please answer asap. thank u!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You have zero security in temp agency work and calling off sick is very stupid as the agency will stop finding you or offering you any work as you are unreliable

• 2 months ago

Maybe you should give it a try? One day isn't enough to figure out if this is what you want/need/like. With such an attitude you can miss out the job of your dream.

• a
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

if you got fired from the first job, and quit the second one, how hard do you expect them to work to find other jobs for you?

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Much too late to call off now, especially since you just did it on Friday.  You aren't going to love every job they send you out on.  If you prove yourself to be unreliable (you've got a really good start on that) they just won't place you.  Suck it up and do the very best you can at every job they send you out on.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You committed to the job.  Until they find a replacement, stick with it.  It is NOT about you.  The sooner you realize it, the better off you will be.

• 2 months ago

i would just go and ask them if you could switch jobs

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You are clearly too immature for a job.

• JJ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It would be courteous to call them first thing in the morning, so they can find a replacement for their client. Also thank them for trying, and maybe even apologize that it didn't work out. Then hang up and never contact them again.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Just don't show up. You will get the same results as dropping a second job.

• 2 months ago

They are already mad.

The temp place will not find you another job... they have plenty of other people to place that will show up for work.

Your choice. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.