Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Yamaha zuma?

2014 Zuma 4 stroke is hard to start when there is dew out. Once it goes away it starts right up  any help it appreciated 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Cool drive cool life.

• Rita
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Powering the Zuma 125 is a compact 125cc 4-stroke engine with 4 valves, a 10:1 compression ratio, ceramic-composite cylinder liner, and electronic fuel injection—giving this scooter modern reliability and economical performance. With an amazing 103 mpg* and a 1.7- gallon fuel tank, you get plenty of range, too.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Cold bikes have to be choked.(cutting off air supply to the intake so it is richer fuel to air ratio.)

• 2 months ago

You're leaking volts in one or more places. Bet your bike's filthy. Clean the bike, the electrics, then two words: dielectric grease. If you wanna be all scientific, test dem leads with a tool called a megger--but it's kinda pricey. One can find high-quality aftermarket silicone-insulated high voltage leads. Automotive leads may work, cut to the correct length with the ends carefully stripped. Helps not to store the bike outdoors.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anon
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

edit: I think he Knows to: "choke it" . Even though this is irrelevant; it's EFI. My '14 Kymco has a CV carb,  and Auto choke.

My  '83  Honda needed her enrichment valves even in August at 72 degrees, on her first start of the day.  Not as much or as long after that first start.

Hard to start? You mean, slow crank? Or, cranks a long time before  she  catches?

If slow crank, new battery  and/or keep a trickle charger on her.  Might have wrong weight oil for your  climate. Might be a Temperature difference, not so much humidity. Marginal batteries always fail on cold mornings. might be fine when it's 72 F. 

Otherwise, check the plug  and wires. Wipe  off the plug's  porcelain insulator. Moisture usually .affects electrical.  Hi tension leaks can often be seen while running at night--bad wires corona, look like an aurora borealis. Just replacing Any suspect wires is faster.

Moisture does not affect 12 volt electrical, unless a lot of salt in the area. If that bad, it will affect performance at warmer temps, too.

Also, try draining tank, put in a can fulla fresh premium. Check fuel filter. 

Edit: Moisture  Might get into the display and cause problems with ECM. See if the display looks weird or fogged on initial turn-on,  cold. Might wanna cover your scooter at night, try  sealing   the display when warm, when  moisture gone. 12  volts cannot be "shorted" by simple dew, but,  modern  hi-impedance ,no-contact  switches might get  leakage paths to ground..

Check valves. Cold clearances  are  far different than at 72F.I doubt freezing is a factor,   as you said: "dew".

https://www.google.com/search?q=zuma+valve+adjustm...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Start with the basics, check the spark plugs and their leads, it is probably worthwhile replacing the plugs anyway (check the gaps first). If the leads or connectors are damaged then they will need replacing.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Set the choke when starting.

• adam
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

cold mornings I assume you mean. If it has a carb you need to use the choke. If its EFI it should just start . Is it a high mileage machine? Maybe its time to put some fresh spark plugs in it and or have it serviced. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.