Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Liam asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

Can a UK citizen travel to the EU after Brexit without a return ticket?

Soon, I, a UK citizen, am planning on going to Estonia for volunteering but I don't know how long for, it will be for at least one month, possibly for a month and a half. Would it be possible to travel there without a return ticket and book one whilst there? Would I be denied entry if I only had a one-way ticket?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Rico
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The arrangements for travel between continental Europe and the UK are that British citizens can be in the Schengen area for 180 days without a visa.  This would mean you don’t need to have your return ticket booked, but it would be advisable to have one (or at least an open return ticket). Travel between the UK and Republic of Ireland remains unrestricted. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Things are up in the air right now. The combination of Brexit with COVID means "nobody know". Americans can't go to Europe without a return ticket- that's likely to be the case for Brits, too. But you have some low cost airlines, where it shouldn't make too much difference. Estonia is a lovely country- I envy you. Be sure to travel outside of Talinn, and stay in the many hotels that have huge basement spa/swimming pool areas. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You could be denied, yes. You don’t have Freedom of Movement anymore so one of the key things you’ll need to provide at the border is your intent to leave.

However, volunteering in Estonia without the appropriate visa is illegal anyway.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.