Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

R asked in SportsBoxing · 2 months ago

Should boxing get rid of the 1 minute break to truly show a boxers tuffness and stamina? Why or why not?

What im basically trying to say is if they should get rid of the 1 minute break, so that boxers have no time to rest and that way we could see which boxer is tuffer and has better stamina once he wins.

• Adam
    Favorite Answer

I'm not keen on this from a safety perspective. Yes the 1 minute break gives the fighter a rest, it also gives the corner a chance to assess the damage etc. Of all the things in boxing I'd like to change, this ain't in my top 50 changes.