Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Kris asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Is there a term for a mental condition where a person's goal to be happy is to make other people feel miserable?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Narcissistic Personality Disorder

This disorder is characterized by an inflated sense of self-worth and ego. People diagnosed with a narcissistic personality disorder often feel entitled, and demand to have preferential treatment and attention bestowed upon them. They may act as if they are more important than others, and some times believe that they have special powers or abilities that make them superior to those around them. These individuals tend to lack empathy, and may try to exploit others to suit their own needs.

Antisocial Personality Disorder

An antisocial personality disorder is characterized by a complete disregard for the rights or feelings of others. People diagnosed with this disorder are commonly referred to as “psychopaths or sociopaths,” due to their lack of regard for others, and lack of guilt or remorse for their behavior. These individuals are hostile and easily agitated, may take unnecessary risks, and often engage in poor or abusive relationships. It is not uncommon for these individuals to have trouble with the law due to homicidal or suicidal behaviors, gang participation and abusive tenancies. Like other disorders in this cluster, there are no medications that specifically treat it.

• 2 months ago

I could give you my ex's family name. He was one of 10 children and they ALL (parents included) had it. It should be named after them! I've never seen such a twisted nasty bunch of people who were jealous of anything that breathed and would set their sites on them. I actually witnessed  the buzz they got whenever they did this. Whatever the term - STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!

• 2 months ago

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a long-term, mental health condition. NPD causes you to think that you are more important than other people. You need to be the center of attention and to be admired by others. You want to control the people and events in your life.

• 2 months ago

Yes that term is written exactly like your first and last name.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

My friend lives alone and is very depressed. She visits in a bad mood and instead of letting us cheer her up, she makes it IMPOSSIBLE and instead complains so much that we ALL hey depressed. Once that happens, she finally smiles.

I read about all 10 psychology disorders and I cant find an answer! Help!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.