Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

I have no credit cards. I have 3 credit card accounts I closed 5 years ago. If I open 3 credit card accounts, will it lower my credit?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes.  Applying for 3 credit cards will lower your credit.  One is enough.  Do one and then wait 13 months before you do another.

• 1 month ago

Open just one account.  The more open credit cards you have the lower your score because of the potential for getting in trouble.  Open one account, buy gas and groceries with it and pay it off in advance several times per month and your score will get better and better.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Appling for credit hurts your score. The more inquiries the more it hurts your score.  Open one, not 3.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you open them all at the same time, yes.  It looks suspicious to seek multiple lines of credit all at the same time.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.