Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

I have no credit cards. I have 3 credit card accounts I closed 5 years ago. If I open 3 credit card accounts, will it lower my credit?

Favorite Answer

Yes.  Applying for 3 credit cards will lower your credit.  One is enough.  Do one and then wait 13 months before you do another.

Open just one account.  The more open credit cards you have the lower your score because of the potential for getting in trouble.  Open one account, buy gas and groceries with it and pay it off in advance several times per month and your score will get better and better.

Appling for credit hurts your score. The more inquiries the more it hurts your score.  Open one, not 3.

• Eva

If you open them all at the same time, yes.  It looks suspicious to seek multiple lines of credit all at the same time.