Is it bad that I’m thinking about quitting my job?

I’m a full time college student working part time third shift at a gas station because it’s the only job that’ll work around my schedule. My manager is super unorganized and she lets her employees call off all the time and has everyone else cover for them. I literally had to come in nearly every holiday because she’d let another employee call off everyday holiday and the manager would just schedule me my coworker’s shift before checking with me. I decided to stop picking up since school started back but my manager is constantly trying to get me to pick up because she didn’t hire enough people and she knows I’m only part time while I’m in school. Every time I tell her I can’t she tries to work around it and get me come in my some way. I’m getting sick of this and this job doesn’t even pay enough, I’m considering leaving because I’m tired of always being inconvenienced for lazy coworkers. Do you think it’s a good idea to quit? What would you do?

Since some people are confused my manager would put me on other people’s shifts before asking me about it which is an inconvenience because I picked a specific shift for a reason. And two this isn’t the only job I can get, it just works well with my school schedule.

Everybody thinks about quitting their job.  For the past 5 years i have been choreographing how I will walk out of this place when I have enough saved up so I can leave and not worry about references.  I spend at least an hour thinking about this every day.  I've got the music...I have the dance moves...I have the short but sweet speech …

The only thing I do not have is a million dollars in savings or a job lined up that pays better and doesn't care what bridges I've burned.

I'm working on both....

Just tell her you can only work so much and you are willing to quit if she can't accommodate you.

I'm not sure how saying no is an inconvenience.  It may get tiring, but that's about it.  Eventually your boss will either get made at the other employees, you, or both, but you're not doing anything wrong so don't worry about it.  

As far as quitting, if you need the money, then you work.  If you don't need the money, then it's your choice.  Keeping your ears open and looking for another job is always smart.

If this is the only job you can get, why would you quit?