Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

How often do you wash your hair without it looking gross?

I know so many people who wash their hair only once a week and it still looks amazing. However, I don't wash it for a day and it's greasy. I need to know their secrets because I have such dry skin and showering every day dries out my skin even more but I need to with how greasy my hair gets :(

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Wash your hair in the sink instead of taking a shower.  Your scalp excretes a lot of oil, which is why you hair is greasy after a day.  Not much you can do about that.  

Or, if you don't go out every day, try extending the time between washes on a consistent basis.  It is true that the more you wash away our oil, the more oil your scalp will produce.  Over a several month period, you may be able to change that by not washing as often.

As you grow older, your scalp will naturally produce less oil too.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

My hair gets greasy after about 3 days. I shower every 2-3 days.

Your hair might get that greasy because you shower every day. Your scalp produces too much oil within a day because it has grown accustomed to the oils being washed away every day. If you gradually increase the time between showers for a few weeks/months, your scalp will probably start producing less and less oil because it will realize that the oil is staying on your hair for longer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.