Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Etiquette: Do you think my friends would mind if I entered them in a sweepstakes to win something without telling them ahead of time?

Favorite Answer

If you did so in a way that included giving their personal information away, they may very well be mad.

Why would you do that?   If your friends want to enter a sweepstakes, they will do so.

They would mind if you give their phone numbers and personal information. Sweepstakes companies use the lure of prizes to gather personal information for marketing purposes, so your friends can expect to get phone calls and emails selling them something. 

I recommend that you ask your friends first. 

• ?

I'm sure they won't mind a bit if they win something of value but if you enter somebody's name to win like say a timeshare vacation and it causes that person to get called night and day by telemarketers I'm sure your friend is not going to appreciate you for doing that