Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Why are people so cliquey in the workplace?

It's not high school.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

LMAO/ I once worked in an area in the organisation where I was seated to see everyone as they came in. Most people said hello/ Two people in particular would even stop and chat. After nearly two years, I was invited by management to fill in in a higher paying (to what I was getting) position for a few months. I was thrilled at the opportunity but also my two 'friends' would be working with me. It was only the second day when I realised they weren't talking to me - in fact ignoring me if I spoke to them. As it turns out, the temp hired to fill in on my (old) position didn't turn up and I happily volunteered to go back there - and then insisted I stay there. The team leader was a fantastic guy and kept telling me I had to go back/insisting to know why I didn't want to go back to the higher paying position. I finally relented and told him how these two women (!) were really nice to me for nearly 2 years but now that I was working alongside them, I wasn't good enough to talk to. He accepted that and let me stay at my original position. They never filled the other position. I was transferred to another part of the organisation 6 months later. I heard months later that the instigator of the silent treatment was let go. I still think nicely about that team leader for being a decent person and not 'rewarding' their vile behaviour. Cliquey in the workplace is definitely a reflection on management.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Some people aren't that serious about the job and haven't matured all that much since high school.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is what it is, we 'never' grow up.   

• 1 month ago

It is what they learned in High School to expect otherwise is unreasonable.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

because some people are shallow and fickle and focus too much on trying to impress certain types of people

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

some people think theyre still in high school

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Some people don't mature.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Depends on the work place.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.