Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 2 months ago

is it weird that many nintendo fans are adults ?

i thought nintendo was for kids that eventually grow out of it one they become adults 

Nintendo came popular at  80's and early 90's, people who started play them are still active players, and obviously middle aged adults

• Ya-Hoo

Nintendo releases games "E" for everyone. Not everyone likes the violent video games on other consoles even if Nintendo hardware is behind the other systems

No. Some people have been playing Nintendo since '85 when the NES first came out. A lot of people still play because they grew up with the games. They like the characters.

Nintendo intended on making their games for ALL AGES. Mario is a character that spans generations.

He and Luigi are household names.

I remember back in '88 I was in middle school. I recall seeing an image of a plumber in an issue of Nintendo Power magazine holding up a cartridge of Super Mario Bros. 2 (the American version of the game not the Japanese version).

I admit I have been somewhat interested in Mario and Luigi since I was a kid.

I say no. I'm 43 years old and I've been playing Nintendo since 1985. 

It's not any more weird than all trolls being anonymous.

Nintendo themselves have stated their games are intended to be fun for everyone.

No because that’s the console they grew up playing 🙄

Not really, as Nintendo is tapping into the "Disney Charm" of the industry with fairly timeless franchises & games that appeal to virtually all ages (being "Family Friendly").

There's also the fact that those grew up with Nintendo (like with the NES, circa 1980's) are now adults & potentially have kids.  While they may have moved on towards Playstation or XBox as the grew up, they may have circled back to Nintendo as the return to classics or a more casual-friendly with micro-sessions (like 5-15 minutes) they can fit in (like between naps with a baby or whatnot).

The exact reason why some prefer Nintendo over others will vary, but it's typically to play games that aren't available anywhere else OR have the ability to enjoy home console games on the go (w/ the Switch).

• garry

nintendo has been around for nearly 30 years add a teenager age back then , any the grow to become adults . also known as grown up kids .  seems you think games are a new invention ..

I don't think so. Everybody likes video games, and Nintendo makes some of the best