Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 2 months ago

I’m 18, is it too late to start playing baseball hoping to do it professionally?

I’m recently 18 and have been in love with baseball since i could remember, but i never decided to play myself, is it too late?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No it is not too late, if you are any good you can still play baseball.

• 1 month ago

Heck no!  There are stories all the time of athletes who picked up a sport in high school or even some don't play until they get to college.  It's not likely, but give it a shot!  Especially if you happen to be a lefty.  Good luck!   And by the way...Tim Tebow survived 3 years in the minors in his late 20's/early 30's with not having played ball since he was a teenager.  Michael Jordan hadn't played since he was in HS and managed a BA over .200 professionally, which is tough to do.  

• 2 months ago

There was a guy last yr who showed up at a pitching contest off the street and ended up getting a minor league contract .

• 2 months ago

It would be extremely unlikely to have a successful pro career if you start playing at 18.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It's way, way too late.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Practice pitching. They are always looking for pitchers. Pitch a *****!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes it is. You should have been taking steroids and other drugs for at least 4 years by now to get ready for Baseball

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.