Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

I feel like such a fool, but I’m so warm hearted I can’t help myself. When it comes down to it, I’ve literally gone to war for my mom?

Fought off my siblings that mentally and physically abused her. Had her side when my stepdad has his weekly “bipolar” fits. I even give her cash (even if that means my account has a chance of hitting zero). Every time she has a problem I try my best to fix it because I don’t know how to just let someone I love suffer. After everything I just mentioned, you would think the love is returned BUT ITS NOT! I have 2 younger sisters that just turned 18 and she praises them like no other. They stress her out to the highest extent and yet she seems to devote all her life to them. Now before you suggest that I’m jealous IM NOT! I’m just hurt because she doesn’t care about me the same way I care about her. One time my stepdad got mad and told me to never ride in his car again, I said whatever because he’s always mad about nothing and proceeded to get in the car the next day and she goes “didn’t he say don’t get in his car?” It’s situations like this where I want her to ride for me the way I ride for her but she just won’t. And yea I know I’m stupid for even devoting myself to her but she’s my mom and she’s 55 so you never know which moment might be our last. My whole family is so toxic when it comes to my mom and I’m sure there is a reason but I don’t know the specifics. I just know my older siblings basically don’t want anything to do with her, so I step up and treat her how a mom is supposed to be treated or try to. I’m a Leo she’s an Aquarius.

Astrology is this side of Old Folks Tales.  And your comment about bipolar "fits" is unnecessary and insulting.

i dont see anything wrong with it

• T J

Time for you to wake up, and take care of yourself, and let the others carry their own load.

1. Astrology is nonsense, no scientific basis for it.

2. Your mother may live an additional forty plus years or more; are you prepared to 

keep on keeping on like this, for that space of time?

3. You need to decide just how responsible you think you should be for her misfortunes and rescuing her.

4. You've heard that old saying. "You can't get blood from a turnip"? And how about the one that describes a continued, repetitive attempt to get what is not forthcoming as "insanity"? How well do you feel both of these fit your situation?

So what is your question and how might you like us to advise you in this matter? Good wishes,