Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Are companies allowed to give consumer information to employees?

I left a bad review about the company on trustpilot, I've emailed the company before on their business email for business purposes but I think an employee has been given my email address and emailed me out of hours about my poor review on trustpilot and gave me her personal number. She didn't tell me she was from the company and used her personal email to contact me on a sunday... are they allowed to do that??? I dont feel comfortable with the email, I dont know what relationship she has with the company either.

• ?

Delete the Email.

• ?

You gave them your email when you left the review, or if you signed up for an account. 

Employees shouldn't be doing any thing with your personal information like a credit card number. You would have to look it up but I don't think there's any law against using your email to contact you. If they're using it for other purposes then you should report them. 

Call the number, it may be a manager or some one you can talk to about your experience. If it's not hang up. 

There is no law against it.