Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceSpecial Education · 2 months ago

Is everyone with autism special needs even if it's mild and they act like people who are NOT special needs?

Favorite Answer

I have mild Autism, and I don't consider myself to be special needs. I have never thought of myself that way, in fact. I lead a totally normal life by most peoples' standards. I work full time, drive and own my own car, live independently (and not in my parents' homes) vote, pay taxes, pay my own bills, etc. And I've been doing this for years. I have a college degree, too, and I work in the field of medical coding.

So I would say the answer to your question is NO. Mild Autism can be overcome- and there are plenty of famous people in the world who have done just this and lead entirely normal lives.