Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 2 months ago

New details are released about president Biden's first military strick – Forget about Biden & censorship. Can we talk about spelling? ?

But, only for a minute. Then, we can get back to important matters. I’ll be the first to admit my use of language isn’t without error in spelling, grammar or punctuation. Close scrutiny would reveal far more linguistic issues, but … as I’m a deplorable, that’s to be expected, isn’t it? 

Ever since Hillary exposed conservatives as uneducated dullards prone to every form of despicable bias imagined at a ‘private’ campaign event in 2016, main stream media has spared no effort to highlight that perception for the benefit of the liberal American demographic. Media’s constant reminders in the years since has left the indelible impression that conservatives are simply incapable of conceiving and comprehending the profound benefits of Democrat ideology's progressive policies for the nation. 

True or not, the First Amendment entitles media to say whatever it wants without consequences. But, if the goal of media is to get the majority of the public, liberals and conservatives, on the same page so the cultural divide can begin to heal, shouldn’t painstaking effort be made to assure the majority of America’s population comprehend what is said in the press? If so, then …WHY WON’T MEDIA MAKE THE EFFORT TO SPELL WORDS CORRECTLY?? And, use proper grammar and punctuation? It’s a ten-word headline for crying out loud and NOBODY THOUGHT TO CORRECT IT?I expect criticism from liberal deplorables for this trivial complaint. But, poor linguistics shines a very bad light on liberal omnipotence.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Unfortunately, the numbers are dwindling on those of us who are actually educated.

We're propping up the FUNCTIONAL ILLITERATES of this country.

Employee:  I want $15/hr.

Employer:  You don't have the education, skill set or intelligence required to justify $15/hr.  After you get a high school diploma we can talk about it.

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Why not just fuc of

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is  "[S]trike," not strick (sic). Even for a deplorable, you leave a lot to be desired. Making other deplorables look worse is not acceptable. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.