Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

To the theist who said "I left atheism because of their convincing arguments", which arguments specifically convinced you to believe?

• ?

No one leaves atheism. Once you are educated enough to become atheist you don't go back to nonsense. The only way is people whom were atheist and had a brain injury like a stroke have claimed to convert to Christianity. 

No atheist ever converted because of any argument about god. That is nothing more than a theist wet dream. Anyone who is convinced by the cosmological argument clearly doesnt understand it because there is nothing rational about it. All it says is that there must be a creator. You can replace the word creator with bigfoot and the argument is the same. If I claimed to have converted from atheism, I would post anonymously too out of embarassment.

For me it was the cosmological argument.  It is probably the most convincing. The universe most likely had a beginning, at least according to the Borde-Guth-Vilenkin theorem.

Anyone who claims "No one leaves rational thought for superstition because of logical arguments"  has a lot to learn, or a lot of indoctrination to unlearn.

Source(s): ex-atheist

Anyone who makes that claim is a liar.  No one leaves rational thought for superstition because of logical arguments.