Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

To the theist who said "I left atheism because of their convincing arguments", which arguments specifically convinced you to believe?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No one leaves atheism. Once you are educated enough to become atheist you don't go back to nonsense. The only way is people whom were atheist and had a brain injury like a stroke have claimed to convert to Christianity. 

• 1 month ago

No atheist ever converted because of any argument about god. That is nothing more than a theist wet dream. Anyone who is convinced by the cosmological argument clearly doesnt understand it because there is nothing rational about it. All it says is that there must be a creator. You can replace the word creator with bigfoot and the argument is the same. If I claimed to have converted from atheism, I would post anonymously too out of embarassment.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

For me it was the cosmological argument.  It is probably the most convincing. The universe most likely had a beginning, at least according to the Borde-Guth-Vilenkin theorem.

Anyone who claims "No one leaves rational thought for superstition because of logical arguments"  has a lot to learn, or a lot of indoctrination to unlearn.

Source(s): ex-atheist
  • 1 month ago

Anyone who makes that claim is a liar.  No one leaves rational thought for superstition because of logical arguments.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.