Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Is it unreasonable to require a day or two off and away from my girlfriend? ?

She can be very talkative and too silly for me when I'm trying to get serious.

I'm a writer plus I lift weights. I have to be in my own thoughts a lot, and she does not exercise or write. 

Even besides that I need at least a day home alone. Is that too much to ask? 

• Raja

First discuss the matter with her .Explain your need to be away from her to attend to your writing . If her response is negative she is not the type of partner for you .Two are not compatible at all . Make up your mind  to leave her and select a girl having similar interest who can assist you in your work . 

• T J

Sure take a day or two, and use it to think about why you need this time, and why she is still your GF.  Run man, RUN.

• Foofa

No. But if the two of have different relationship expectations you probably shouldn't be together anyway. 

I personally don't think it's unreasonable, seems that you just want to spend time with yourself. 

I've been in a similar situation. What we did was communicate with each other about see each other and designated dates. For example we both came to an agreement that Sundays are our date nights, Fridays is our at home be lazy night. Then just hang out Monday/Wednesday. We did however, make it clear that we need at least one day out of the week to ourselves. Those days can alternate. 

She might just be in a place where she is at a standstill and might need a hobby. Maybe help her find a hobby or a place she can volunteer at, this way she keeps busy and distracts herself. Everybody wins! 

• ?

It's fine to want alone time, but it sounds more like you want an escape from her. That's not normal. You two have very different personalities and expectations. You aren't compatible and you need to ask yourself why you are dating her at all.

• ?

If you are feeling too crowded , if you have asked for the time and distance you want and she's not been responsive, then she's not for you. But if you haven't yet discussed this, do so now. If she's "too talkative" , "too silly", then she's not for you.  

• ?

No it's not too much to ask.  Why do you have to ask her for free time?  Let her know you have things to do and you'll talk to her in a couple days.  If she doesn't like it, she will probably get over it.

No not at all! Just be careful how you say it if shes sensitive or has issues from cheating or liars. You can repeat yourself a million times too.

Try to manage your time is best I can suggest. Find a place to go of need be.

If you two don't live together then you are solely responsible for how you decide to designate your time. I can't imagine having a bf that required I see or speak to them daily. Unless I were living with them, I'd not accept that requirement. It's called control! No thank you. If you are living with your gf, cut out your own time and require a minimum of 4 hours a day when you are NOT TO BE DISTURBED. Writers absolutely need time to think and build their own worlds. It's a requirement you deserve for yourself.