Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

How cruel can you be to try and ruin your child's reputation by reporting them to police for an argument while the parent knows that I?

Have severe agoraphobia and severe anxiety panic attacks. I'm 24. 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

That wouldn't ruin someone's reputation. When arguments get out of hand and someone feels threatened, it is reasonable to get police involved.

• 2 months ago

and if you have a temper problem, you NEED to be reported to police so you can get help for that

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

There's more to this story.  Let's hear it.

• Bruce
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sounds to me you are the only one ruining your reputation. A mental illness is only a legal defense when it prevents you from knowing right from wrong. You are still responsible for your own behavior. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Whether or not you have anxiety problems, you still have to behave decently.  

If you say you were behaving decently but your parents called police for no good reason, I say you should move out.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Having severe agoraphobia and severe anxiety panic attacks and being 24 years old do not give you license to behave like an a$$.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Who told you that I have poor behaviour just because he decided to go to the police. We didn't get phsyical first of. Secondly I am a quiet person. He decided to put all of his issues on me. And told me because I ignore him. So I was bullied basically.

• y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

severe agoraphobia and severe anxiety panic attacks do not excuse poor behaviors nor the repercussions that may result form them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.