Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 2 months ago

How do I file taxes if I didn't receive any tax forms from Massachusetts Unemployment or Masshealth ?

I didn't receive a 1099 or 1099HC

I'm trying to file my taxes, but I don't know what to put in. 

1099HC deadline was Jan 31, 2021

1099 Mailed Jan 31, 2021

I didn't receive either 

• Amy

Contact the agencies that were supposed to send the forms, make sure they have your correct address, and ask them to re-send. Check whether someone else in your household has been taking your mail.

If you can't get it straightened out before the April deadline, pay an estimate of your tax and request an extension on filing.

You prepare a return using the records you have.

Your 1099-G isn't needed = you should know how much you received from UI and any withholdings that they did on your behalf.

As for the 1099-HC...

Per Turbo Tax instructions:If you have no 1099-HC, you will have to determine whether your insurance meets MCC requirements. ... Enter the insurance company name and your subscriber number, but leave the FID blank.

Patience is a virtue.  It's only the end of February for G*d's sake!

If you know what information would have been on the forms, then just put in that information, the same as if you had the forms.

The links below provide state instructions on how to get these forms.  You can get the 1099-G for unemployment benefits online from the state UI website, but you need to contact your insurance carrier for the 1099-HC.

You wait for the forms.

• martin

Since MassHealth and Mass.Unemployment are government organizations, you can do your own figuring and estimating because the tax people already have the withholding information online.  But really, you can request the forms because they should have been sent.

call the state and ask