Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 2 months ago

How do I disinfect my electric razor?

I had gotten ringworm all over my scalp after playing with my cat with ringworm. I decided to shave my head. How do I clean my electric razor to make sure nobody else using it can get the fungus? Would I put the razor in bleach or just shampoo it? And if I wash my hands immediately after touching the ringworm on my head and my cat, would I still get ringworm again?

Who is going to use your electric razor but you?

Is the shaver waterproof and immersible? If so, remove the shaving head and clean out all the tiny hairs. Put it back on. Being careful of the foil (which is delicate, easily damaged), apply a little water, then several drops of liquid dishwashing detergent to the head and spread it across the entire surface of the foil.

Now the fun part. Turn the shaver on, holding it upright, and let it made a froth of suds. Gravity will work the soap down to the blades. Add a few more drops of water if the suds are really thick. Run the shaver for about ten seconds.

Rinse under warm running water. With the shaver off, remove the shaving head again and rinse it thoroughly.

Pat all parts dry with lint-free cloth (not paper towels or toilet paper) and let it air dry completely. Reassemble.

If the shaver is not waterproof, take off the head, remove all the hairs, and wipe down everything with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol, using saturated cotton balls and replacing them when any dirt shows. Use cotton swabs to reach anything you can't touch with a cotton ball.