Me
Me asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Do you say cookie sheet or cooking sheet?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

If there are no raised edges, I call it a cookie sheet.  If it has raised sides, I call it a baking pan.  

Neither.  Baking sheet or baking pan.

• WOOWHO

I   personally ( you ) CALL the product i have by what it is i have BOTH baking pans and cookie sheets  There is a product   termed a COOKIE SHEET   for the PURPOSE of using it to bake cookies..

there are products termed  BAKING PANS    which have rolled edges according to marthastewart.com>food & cooking

a COOKIE SHEET  is a FLAT  rectangle of metal with at least 1 rolled edge , uses specifically  for the baking of cookies or biscuits

cookie sheets  offer the advantage of a large surface ideal for holding a large number of cookies , but there LACK OF EDGES  limit their uses for roasting for example  because the juices would run all over

• Rita

Although cookie sheets are often referred to as "baking sheets," there is a difference. Baking pans have rolled edges, and cookie sheets do not.

I said cooking sheet.

Cooking sheet  

• kswck2

The correct term is cookie sheet. While a cooking sheet can be many sizes, generally a 'cookie sheet' will have a lower rim. 

I say "cookie sheet" although technically what I use is a jelly roll pan. I call the kind without a lip a baking sheet, although I don't currently own one.

• CB

Cookie sheet if I want a sheet with no sides  or half sheet if that is the pan I want and someone is digging it out for me, or Jelly roll for the smaller/sided sheet.

• Robin

Parchment paper.             

Cookie Sheet

But yours makes more sense