Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Me
Lv 4
Me asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Do you say cookie sheet or cooking sheet?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If there are no raised edges, I call it a cookie sheet.  If it has raised sides, I call it a baking pan.  

• 1 month ago

Neither.  Baking sheet or baking pan.

• WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I   personally ( you ) CALL the product i have by what it is i have BOTH baking pans and cookie sheets  There is a product   termed a COOKIE SHEET   for the PURPOSE of using it to bake cookies..

there are products termed  BAKING PANS    which have rolled edges according to marthastewart.com>food & cooking

a COOKIE SHEET  is a FLAT  rectangle of metal with at least 1 rolled edge , uses specifically  for the baking of cookies or biscuits

cookie sheets  offer the advantage of a large surface ideal for holding a large number of cookies , but there LACK OF EDGES  limit their uses for roasting for example  because the juices would run all over

• Rita
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Although cookie sheets are often referred to as "baking sheets," there is a difference. Baking pans have rolled edges, and cookie sheets do not.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I said cooking sheet.

• 1 month ago

Cooking sheet  

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The correct term is cookie sheet. While a cooking sheet can be many sizes, generally a 'cookie sheet' will have a lower rim. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I say "cookie sheet" although technically what I use is a jelly roll pan. I call the kind without a lip a baking sheet, although I don't currently own one.

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Cookie sheet if I want a sheet with no sides  or half sheet if that is the pan I want and someone is digging it out for me, or Jelly roll for the smaller/sided sheet.

• Robin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Parchment paper.             

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Cookie Sheet

But yours makes more sense

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.