I have an antique KIENZLE pendulum wall clock that has been ticking away since 1920 (non-stop supposedly). How do I lubricate the gears?

My Dad said they should be lubed about every 15 or so years. He's passed away and never told me how it was done.

• CB
    Source(s): Google - antique KIENZLE pendulum wall clock oil

put a shot glass of kerosene inside the case near the gears  . once a year . 

Source(s): advise from old time horologist in the Farmer's Almanac .

They make a very light watch oil. Back with such things were mechanical.  See if you can find a bottle of it on the internet.  Most oils are too heavy and will affect the operation.  It might be best to do nothing.