Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Joanne asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

My cat Katie isn’t covering her business in the litter box like she used to. ?

My cat Katie isn’t covering her business in the litter box like she used to. She’ll go to the box, do her number one and then jumps out with kitty litter stucked to her hind legs which she seems to ignore or not bother with. She used to be such a clean kitty then she got fat and all her good habits went out the window. She has since lost the weight but kept her bad litter habits.

• *****

She may have developed arthritis or another condition causing her pain. I'd have your vet look her over. 

• Tavy

Try a different kind of litter.