Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why do hormone doctors say a trans teen should go through 1-2 years puberty before a trans teen transitions?

They make up bs reasons like having stronger bones but I want to know the real reason. 13/14 is too old. 9/10 seems like great age to start. 

Favorite Answer

"I want to know the real reason"

It doesn't sound like you know anything about the process for a medical transition.

If that's what you want, then I suggest starting with a gender therapist without a religious, political, or personal, lgbtq bias, they will explain the process and reasons why, the medical doctors will explain the medical reasons for what they do.  btw medical doctors won't treat you for gender identity until you've met the established therapy requirements.

FÚCK YOU FÁGGOTS

Very few people start to learn about their adult selves until they are around twenty. Many kids make decisions and go on to regret them as adults. Not all, of course.

Because several studies show that age 12 is the inflection point.

If a child is still persistent about their gender identity at that point, then they almost certainly are trans.

Doctors are making sure the patient has reached this inflection point before starting medical intervention (puberty blockers).

Also, you didn't mention that these kids are also being followed by therapists also and their input plays a role too.

• y

I have 0 knowledge about this sort of thing. I do know that once those puberty hormones start kicking in, it does change/alter behaviors and thoughts. Maybe that is the reason they wish people to wait.