Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

ydni asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 2 months ago

Search marriage records UK?

I think I have half siblings. How can i search marriage records in the UK ? For free ? 

6 Answers

  • google Free BMD press search and enter details. It is free and covers from 1837 to date.Or Family Search. org, the Mormon site.  Dont forget, finding people is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration, good luck

  • Rico
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    Marriage records are not what you should be searching.  You need to search birth records which identify either your mother (using either her maiden name or her former married name, if applicable) or father as a parent.

  • 2 months ago

    Firstly, a marriage record is just that, a record of a marriage. It does not tell you of any children.

    You will have to search BIRTH records, between x date and y date and giving the name of both parents.

    It won't be free. You will be charged. 

  • 2 months ago

    Marriage records won't tell you whether you have half siblings.  Your half siblings won't be in marriage records if they haven't married.  I assume what you meant was that you want to search to see whether either of your parents has ever been married to anyone else, but that won't tell you if you have half siblings, because they could have had a child without marrying the child's other parent.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    That's not possible.  Old records can be free to access but not recent stuff.  Try asking your parents?

    Genealogy is the study of one's ancestors.  It's not for tracing living relatives.

  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    You can't simple. There is a charge.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.