Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

How to deal with people who unfriend you on Facebook but act like a friend in person?

At work, a coworker who I was becoming friends with unfriended me.  But, when I'm at work they talk to me, acknowledge me every time they see me. They even come to see me at my work station. Always touching me somehow... a fist bump or putting their arm or hand on me. 

What confuses me is the person unfriended me, but still making themselves physical visible.

I recently asked them why and they said they deleted a lot of people. A few days were odd, I ignored them. But they've tried to get my attention every time they see me for the last week.

What should I do?  I do like the person and still want to grow a friendship... how should I handle this? 

• ?

If they are two faced, they're not your real friend and you can simply ignore them.

Facebook causes all sorts of drama, i noticed over the years, and i find that ridiculous.  If someone unfriends me, i don't even care.  I don't use facebook as a platform to find out who my true friends are. I already know who they are.  And i don't participate in the drama of it all, either.  

Facebook is good for informational pages, art pages, and other special interest groups.  The rest is just over the top drama.  

A friend if mine is involved with a couple of specialized facebook groups -- she's an administrator (which i think is stupid).  And she's always involved in drama.  But she thrives on drama and so do many others out there.  

We all have to make our own decisions about whether it's useful to involve ourselves in drama, to create our own drama or to find all the drama useless.  I find it totally useless and i rarely go to facebook.  

• you ignore them like they don't exist.

• kswck2

If you biggest beef in life is being Unfriended on Facebook, so have far larger issues that need your attention. 

• ?

I guess it depends, work friends and actual friends are very different. I wouldn't necessarily want all my work colleagues seeing where I am holidaying. They might think god he's always away somewhere or look at him he's showing of. I guess if they aren't your friend on facebook then they are stating that you are just a work colleague and I would treat them like that. When you leave, or retire you'll probably never see them again. It probably won't matter either. So be nice and just try and separate the two.