My countertop oven gets so HOT on the outside when in use.  Worried the cord in back may get in contact. What can I use to protect it? ?

• ?

The cord is originating from inside the toaster oven, you don't think the cord can handle the heat?  C'mon, think it through.

• drip

My little toaster oven gets hot on the outside. 

Call the manufacturer and find out of this is normal  for the product 

The cord is the LAST thing you need to worry about. EVERYTHING else on the counter is more likely to catch fire.

hmm ... mine has a built in standoff to keep it from touching the back wall .... and the cord lays on the countertop -- below the device itself and its heat.  Nothing more is needed.